Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change all the numbers I have in a column on Excel 2007?

I have a column with temperature in Degrees Fahrenheit and I want to change it to Celsius how do I change an entire column?How do I change all the numbers I have in a column on Excel 2007?
For quick help in the future, try the steps in my image.



http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5582/ex





Edit Targeted at Additional Details: Click and drag through only the cells you want to effect?How do I change all the numbers I have in a column on Excel 2007?
In the next free column, write a formula that will do the conversion: = (5/9)*([the cell]-32)



Then copy it down.



Now you have two columns, one with the temperature in fahrenheit and one with degrees celsius - the second column contains the answer you want, it's just not in the right place.



Select the second column and copy the cells you want. Then paste them over the top of the fahrenheit numbers. Make sure you paste as values! (choose edit, paste special, paste as values).



Finally, delete the second set of cells which now have nonsense numbers in them.



EDIT for additional details added: only do the copying over the cells you're interested in. So after you've typed in the conversion formula into say B1, copy the cell, and then select cells B2 to B100 and then paste. Then select B1 to B100, and copy. Then click into A1 and paste as values; it will only %26quot;overtype%26quot; A1 to A100 which is exactly what you want. Voila! :)
  • cover up a fungus toenail
  • web server hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment